Procurement Analyst (Procurement Review Team;Full-time)
Job Location: Washington DC
Company: Monterey Consultants, Inc.
Projected Start Date: 1 March 2017
Individual serves as a small business expert and analyst to provide an appropriate level of leadership to the Procurement Review Support team. Conduct precise and timely processing of up to 2,500 procurement reviews per year. Includes the Government client’s proposed procurement strategy for deficiencies, examining supporting documentation, completing research and analysis, and making recommendations, necessary to permit the Federal staff to determine whether a procurement request meets criteria for granting a concurrence to proceed with an unrestricted (full and open) method of competition or pursuit of a small business set-aside.
- Performs a cursory review to determine if procurement requests fall within the Small Business Focus Categories (SBFC) and whether all required documents (small business forms), Market Research Report, Acquisition Plan, Performance Work Statement, and Independent Government Cost Estimates have been submitted for review.
- Performs a compliance review to determine appropriateness of the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS), and conformance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Agency Acquisition regulations, Public Law, and other governing policies, manuals, and regulations.
- Performs a consistency review to determine if the market research aligns with the proposed acquisition strategy set forth in the Acquisition Plan and the small business form.
- Performs independent corroborative Market Research using various secondary data repositories to include but not limited to agency databases, the Dynamic Small Business Search (DSBS), GSA eLibrary, NASA Solutions for Enterprise-Wide Procurement (SEWP), FedBizOpps (FBO), FEDMINE, the System for Award Management (SAM), the Federal Procurement Data System-Next Generation (FPDS-NG), and other sources to include internet or phone as applicable.
- Prepares a recommendation memorandum summarizing the review findings that includes a formal basis for the recommendation which is forwarded to Federal staff members for a final review determination.
- In the case of a non-concurrence determination, the Analyst who performs the review will review any Request for Reconsideration of the non-concurrence inclusive of supplemental data, should the non-concurrence either be disputed or any suggested remediation action be completed.
- Determines whether deficiencies from the initial review have been addressed either through remediation or otherwise justified by any supplemental data.
- Prepares a second memorandum, providing the appropriate determination recommendation.
- Processes all procurement review requests within the timeliness standards established by the Procurement Review Program Policy current at the time.
- Minimum of four (6) years of directly related experience (e.g. procurement, business analytics)
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Desired: FAC-C or DAWIA Certificcation(s)
About Monterey Consultants, Inc.:
WHO WE ARE
Monterey is a Veterans Affairs (VA) Verified Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB). We graduated from the SBA 8(a) Program and have a variety of contracts available for use.
WHAT WE DO
Monterey brings significant experience performing comprehensive management consulting in support of highly visible Government programs. Monterey currently has several contracts with the Department of Veterans Affairs, the United States Air Force, and the United States Department of Agriculture. We provide acquisition and contract administration support, Lean Six Sigma, market research, strategic sourcing, category management, specialized data analysis, program management, financial/budgetary analysis support, operations/management support, and technical assistance.
We strive to sustain a corporate culture based on integrity – one that’s focused on treating customers ethically and making their priorities our priorities. We pride ourselves in finding and hiring people with the highest intellectual capital, and providing them with challenging opportunities and encouraging their innovation and initiative.
• Competitive Salary/Compensation
• Monthly stipend that you may use to obtain private health insurance
• Comprehensive Dental Plan paid for by Monterey
• Dependent Dental/Vision Plan option
• Traditional Pre-Tax 401(k) or Roth (After-Tax) 401(k): Begins one calendar month after start date. Monterey matches dollar for dollar up to 4% of your annual salary. No vesting required.
• Life Insurance: $50K term policy all paid for by Monterey
• Short-Term Disability: 100% paid for by Monterey
• Long-Term Disability: 100% paid for by Monterey
• 2 weeks paid vacation for your first five years (increases thereafter)