Medical Records Downloader
Primary Location: Dayton, Ohio
Security Clearance: Background Check
Clearance Status: Must Be Obtainable
Schedule: Full Time
About Monterey Consultants, Inc.:
Monterey is located at 5335 Far Hills Ave. Suite 311, Dayton, Ohio and is a subcontractor to QTC Management (a Leidos Company) who is the largest private provider of government-outsourced occupational health and disability examination services in the nation. For more than 30 years, QTC Management has delivered technology-driven independent medical examination solutions for various customers including federal, state and local government agencies; major corporations; third-party administrators; and private insurance companies.
Monterey has a five-year subcontract to provide medical records downloading in support of QTC government contracts. The position’s estimated salary range is $25K to $35K annually.
Under close supervision, responsible for downloading and organizing claimant records electronically (e.g. military records, diagnostic test results, physician’s notes, etc.) using required technology. Uses technology to ensure work meets quality standards set by the department. Reviews contents of Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) folders for the presence of required documents and escalates incomplete/ incorrect records in accordance with policies and procedures. Reassembles and organizes VA claims folder according to established policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Download Medical Records for individual Veterans’ cases and compile them into a single folder that must be uploaded and transferred to a centralized database
• Read, examine, identify, download treatment records, enter progress notes and provide other documentation relative to specific medical and/or psychological conditions listed by claimants
• Organize case files in order to efficiently process assigned daily cases
• Submit all records as they are assigned, with careful attention paid to the integrity and condition of electronic files
• Respond to queries from our clients regarding claim folders
• Troubleshoot minor issues within system software
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Working knowledge of medical terminology
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task over long periods of time
• Familiarity with medical documents, such as, but not limited to diagnostic forms, treatment records, progress notes, and medical evaluations
• Ability to focus on complex medical files
• The ideal candidate must be highly organized
Education and/or Experience: (includes certificate & licenses)
• High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• 0 to 1 years of related experience
• Familiarity with the Windows operating system, Internet Explorer Browser, and Microsoft Office
Physical and Mental Requirements:
The physical and mental requirements and abilities described herein represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific mental requirements and abilities essential to the performance of this position include but are not intended to be all-inclusive: reading comprehension and writing capabilities, adaptability, analyzing, assessing, calculating, decision-making, good judgment, social skills, ability to follow instructions, and self-management.
Specific physical requirements and abilities essential to the performance of this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arm. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.
Please Email Your CV/Resume to: