Case Analyst/Intake Analyst (Full-time Contract Support)
Job Title: Case Analyst/Intake Analyst (Full-time Contract Support)
Job Location: Washington DC
Company: Monterey Consultants, Inc.
Projected Start Date: August 2018
About Monterey Consultants, Inc.:
Monterey brings significant experience performing comprehensive management consulting in support of highly visible Government programs. Monterey currently has several contracts with the Department of Veterans Affairs, the United States Air Force, and the United States Department of Agriculture. We provide acquisition and contract administration support, Lean Six Sigma, market research, strategic sourcing, category management, specialized data analysis, program management, financial/budgetary analysis support, operations/management support, and technical assistance.
- Assigns and tracks cases (i.e. Service Disabled and Veteran Owned Small Business applications) for Department of Veterans Affairs CVE verification
- Verifies Veteran status
- Confirms that neither firm nor owners are included on the Excluded Parties List System (EPLS)
- Performs in depth public research IAW provided checklist and case fact pattern investigation
- Understands and follows all processes according to the work instructions
- Completes required documentation for each step of the process
- Identifies, collects, and analyzes all required documentation for applications
- Interacts with Veterans via phone and email using professional customer service skills
- Accurately articulates next steps to Veteran applicants
- Understands Code of Federal Regulations issues and articulates requirements related to specific case fact patterns
- Demonstrates professional writing skills
- Enters, analyzes, and manipulates data in spreadsheet or other data management forms
- Manages multiple cases simultaneously
- Performs project management as needed
- Performs quality assurance assessments and formation of application clarifying questions based on fact patterns
- Recommends in writing, informed findings based on case fact patterns and applicable regulations and policy
- Prepares Comprehensive Case Completion Reports
For more information, please reference www.va.gov/osdbu/verification/index.asp
Background Investigation Required: Tier 2/Moderate Background Investigation (MBI) A Tier 2/MBI is conducted by OPM and covers a 5-year period. It consists of a review of National Agency Check (NAC) records [OPM Security Investigations Index (SII), DOD Defense Central Investigations Index (DCII), FBI name check, and a FBI fingerprint check], a credit report covering a period of 5 years, written inquiries to previous employers and references listed on the application for employment; an interview with the subject, law enforcement check; and verification of the educational degree.
Bachelor’s degree with two years’ experience in business document review
Additional Preference: Two years’ customer service experience
Physical and Mental Requirements:
The physical and mental requirements and abilities described herein represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific mental requirements and abilities essential to the performance of this position include but are not intended to be all-inclusive: reading comprehension and writing capabilities, adaptability, analyzing, assessing, calculating, decision-making, good judgment, social skills, ability to follow instructions, and self-management.
Specific physical requirements and abilities essential to the performance of this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arm. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.