Supply Chain Analyst
Job Title: Supply Chain Analyst (Full-time Contract Support)
Job Location: Oklahoma City, OK; San Antonio, TX; Washington, DC; Dayton, OH
Company: Monterey Consultants, Inc.
Projected Start Date: September 2018
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
- Air Force Base/OC-ALC experience
- Demonstrated experience with industrial products or services
- BA/BS with a strong academic background
- 5+ years relevant experience
About Monterey Consultants, Inc.:
Monterey brings significant experience performing comprehensive management consulting in support of highly visible Government programs. Monterey currently has several contracts with the Department of Veterans Affairs, the United States Air Force, and the United States Department of Agriculture. We provide acquisition and contract administration support, Lean Six Sigma, market research, strategic sourcing, category management, specialized data analysis, program management, financial/budgetary analysis support, operations/management support, and technical assistance.
Supply Chain Analyst will support an Air Force General Officer or Senior Executive Service member serving as the Category Manager for Industrial Products and Services and their team. The individual will provide analytical support including historical contract spend analyses and conducting market research. Supply Chain Analyst will apply a broad range of creative problem-solving, technical and analytical rigor, and assist with drafting category intelligence reports (CIRs).
The analyst is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Support the development of requirements and methodologies for exploiting a program-wide analytics platform to be used across the AF for descriptive, exploratory and predictive analytics. The contractor shall be capable of working with incomplete or imperfect data to analyze and translate spend, market intelligence, and contract data, analyze specific program effectiveness or improvement opportunities, tracking trends and measuring compliance.
- Assist the Category Management program support office in the implementation of category management visualizations specific to a category. The contractor shall provide expertise in the delivery and operation of evolving dashboards and analytic platforms to include application of aesthetic design principles and end-user experience optimization.
- Provide industry expertise, including insight into industry structure, significant suppliers, value chain, and market drivers.
- Facilitate data analysis and benchmarking, development of business intelligence products, as well as performance measurement and reporting.
- Analyze internal category spend and integrate current Subject Matter Expert (SME) data with data collected from industry to identify opportunities to enhance mission performance, total cost of ownership or compliance through various Category Management processes.
- Engage with subject matter experts and analyze functional/operational data to assist the Category Manager in development of performance metrics to include capability (i.e. mission performance, readiness, affordability, etc), cost, and compliance metrics.
- Direct experience with USAF or DoD
Work with Air Force Sustainment Commodity Councils
Physical and Mental Requirements:
The physical and mental requirements and abilities described herein represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific mental requirements and abilities essential to the performance of this position include but are not intended to be all-inclusive: reading comprehension and writing capabilities, adaptability, analyzing, assessing, calculating, decision-making, good judgment, social skills, ability to follow instructions, and self-management.
Specific physical requirements and abilities essential to the performance of this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arm. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.