$300-$400/hr depending on experience
Monterey is seeking to contract with a Licensed Psychiatrist for a Federally supported client in Sandstone, MN. Services will be provided to the inmate population on-site at the Federal Correctional Institution.
The work schedule will normally consist of one, six (6) hour session. It is estimated 1 session per month be utilized. Specific dates and times of visits will be determined mutually between the contractor and the HSA. Hours of work must be during the normal workdays, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Job Duties Include (but not limited to):
The successful candidate be expected to perform psychiatric services which will include conducting psychiatric evaluations and making referral and treatment recommendations for the inmates at the FCI. The psychiatrist will provide Psychiatric services which conform to all Local State, and Federal laws and regulations applicable to the delivery of psychiatric care to members of the general public. The psychiatrist will also conform to all BOP policies, procedures, and clinical guidelines as applicable to Psychiatric services. The BOP physician will have the final authority to approve or disapprove any and all treatment plans and recommendations by the contractor.
Contract physicians shall only prescribe pharmaceutical drugs that are listed in the approved Bureau of Prisons (BOP) Formulary. Repeats for exemptions to the Formulary shall be submitted to the BOP physicians, who shall approve or deny the recommendations. If the recommendation for non-formulary prescription is approved by the BOP physician, then same will be referred to the Pharmacist, who will submit to Central Office Pharmacy for a Request for Exemption. The issuance of sample medication to any Federal inmate shall be prohibited. The psychiatrist will be escorted, but not supervised by Health Services or Psychology staff. Administrative supervision will be provided by the HAS and Professional Medical Staff.
- M.D. or D.O
- License and Insurance Requirements: The Dental Professional performing work must be registered/licensed/certified by the State.
- Residency Certification: At least three years of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting (i.e., a 3-year internship or three years of a residency program in an institution accredited for such training). Include only those Internships, residencies, and fellowship programs that are approved by accrediting bodies recognized within the United States or Canada. A current, non-temporary, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Proof of malpractice/professional liability insurance and general liability insurance
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the mental health treatment of adults. Previous experience working in a Correctional environment is desired, but not inclusive.
- Computer Skills: Experience in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
The physical and mental requirements and abilities described herein represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific mental requirements and abilities essential to the performance of this position include but are not intended to be all-inclusive: reading comprehension and writing capabilities, adaptability, analyzing, assessing, calculating, decision-making, good judgment, social skills, ability to follow instructions, and self-management.
Specific physical requirements and abilities essential to the performance of this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arm. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.