$130-$145/hr depending on experience
Monterey is seeking to contract with a Licensed Physician for a Federally supported client in Pennington Gap, VA. Services will be provided to the inmate population on-site at the Federal Correctional Institution.
The scheduled days and hours will be 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. including a 30-minute lunch break Monday through Thursday, except holidays, not to exceed thirty hours per week.
Job Duties Include (but not limited to):
The successful candidate be expected to perform complete physical examinations as needed and collects comprehensive medical and social history to include a review of all body systems, performs physical assessments in correlation with historical findings, records preliminary objective findings; perform outpatient and/or inpatient general medical examinations and treatment to male inmates; perform six chronic care clinics daily; perform follow-up of inmates who return from an inpatient stay at our area hospital; make determinations for when services of a specialist are required to treat unusual cases; make necessary arrangements for the admission for an inpatient stay at our area hospital.
The physician will analyze the clinical records of new inmates with a chronic care diagnosis within 14 days of their arrival; determine preliminary diagnosis, affords professional care to patients confined, obtains necessary consultation for cases presenting difficulty in diagnosis or treatment, and authorizes admission of patients to the contracted hospital for emergency medical care and surgery. The physician must ensure appropriate medical records are maintained inmates with multiple health problems and of different backgrounds.
- M.D. or D.O
- License and Insurance Requirements: The Dental Professional performing work must be registered/licensed/certified by the State.
- Residency Certification: At least three years of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting (i.e., a 3-year internship or three years of a residency program in an institution accredited for such training). Include only those Internships, residencies, and fellowship programs that are approved by accrediting bodies recognized within the United States or Canada. A current, non-temporary, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Proof of malpractice/professional liability insurance and general liability insurance
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the field of Primary Care or Internal Medicine. Previous experience working in a Correctional environment is desired, but not inclusive.
- Computer Skills: Experience in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
The physical and mental requirements and abilities described herein represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific mental requirements and abilities essential to the performance of this position include but are not intended to be all-inclusive: reading comprehension and writing capabilities, adaptability, analyzing, assessing, calculating, decision-making, good judgment, social skills, ability to follow instructions, and self-management.
Specific physical requirements and abilities essential to the performance of this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arm. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.