Licensed Clinical Social Worker
$37-$40/hr depending on experience
Monterey is seeking to contract with a Licensed Clinical Social Worker for a Federally supported client in Curlew, WA.
Our client operates a comprehensive residential program to prepare underprivileged youth, sixteen through twenty-four years of age, for meaningful employment. The comprehensive combination of training and support services is designed to help each student become a responsible and productive citizen. Student populations range from 100 to over 300 enrollments depending on the Center’s On Board Strength (OBS). Job Corps is a self-paced program: therefore, a student’s length of enrollment varies. Students may remain in the program for up to two years, but the average length of enrollment is approximately eight months.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide services one (1) or two (2) days a week, M-F, 8am– 5pm; with the potential for the occasional weekend.
Job Duties Include (but not limited to):
- The ability to work both independently and as a member of a healthcare team to
provide optimal services to a population of financially disadvantaged youth, ranging from 16 to
24 years in age
- Promptly review applicant files and complete required initial assessment (intake), and
treatment plan, as applicable
- Record all mental health documentation, such as, diagnosis, treatment and management plans,
medication, reason of denial into the program (if recommended) etc. on the Student Health
Record (SHR) and Job Corps Health and Wellness Program forms
- Participate in the management of, and provide written diagnoses for, a chronic care
management plan for students with chronic conditions/disability related to mental health
conditions, when appropriate
- Collaborate with Substance Abuse Counselor (TEAP) on services for students with co-occurring conditions of mental health issues and substance use
- Coordinate with center physician and Health & Wellness Manager (HWM) to discuss long-term medication management and Schedule II prescription management
- Participate in Reasonable Accommodation Committee (RAC) meetings & file applicant review
team meetings during regular scheduled hours, when requested
- Conduct a minimum of a one-hour presentation on mental health promotion for all new
students in accordance with PRH 6.10, R3, with an emphasis on employability and how to
respond to a mental health crisis
- Conduct at least one annual center-wide mental health promotion and education activity
- Assist students to acquire health-related skills and knowledge of healthy mental health care
on a monthly basis, report to the Center Director and HWM on all health- related matters
including student medical separations, justification and costs of special needed services, health
and non-healthcare equipment repair and replacement needs, depletion of medical supplies and
medications, and other areas deemed appropriate
- Establish an appropriate specialty mental health referral system for students who require
special, or emergent, mental health care
- Attend monthly conference calls, webinars, and DOL Training, as available during regular
scheduled hours of service
- Maintain, safeguard, and ensure the confidentiality of all required student health records in
accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Participate in health and wellness program continuous quality improvement activities and
advise and assist the health education instructor in the development and implementation of the
Mental Health Education Program
- Provide Mental Health services in a positive and productive manner to facilitate student
willingness to pursue recommended mental health treatment plan, if applicable
- Not to engage in any research projects and/or publications relating to Job Corps health activities without prior written approval from the Job Corps National Office in Golden, CO
- Report adverse student behavior incidents to the HWM or Contracting Officer’s (CO)
Representative (COR) in a timely manner
- Cooperate and comply with Job Corps assessment team’s audits to verify quality of services and adherence to the PRH requirements.
- Master of Social Work or Ph.D. in Psychology
- LCSW or LPCC
- License and Insurance Requirements: The Mental Health Professional performing work must be registered/licensed/certified by the State.
- Proof of malpractice/professional liability insurance and general liability insurance
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in providing mental health care for adolescents and young adults. Previous practice in settings such as schools, colleges, institutions, military or correctional institutions is desired.
- Computer Skills: Experience in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
The physical and mental requirements and abilities described herein represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific mental requirements and abilities essential to the performance of this position include but are not intended to be all-inclusive: reading comprehension and writing capabilities, adaptability, analyzing, assessing, calculating, decision-making, good judgment, social skills, ability to follow instructions, and self-management.
Specific physical requirements and abilities essential to the performance of this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arm. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.